Hi, I am Lipika from India. Mocha is basically flower of Banana.The recepie is bit difficult and time taking but Once its made ,the pain goes after its tasted. Its traditional and enjoyed by Bengalis but will be enjoyed by Non Bengalis who are fond of eating diff varieties of Food. Plz try this recipe and send comments on my E-mail ID : email@example.com
Buy One Mocha or the Flower of Banana from Market.
2 nos of Medium sized Potatoes.
4-5 Green chillies to be slitted
Elaichi,Darchini,Long 1no each for grinding(Garam Masalas)
1 Tablespoon of Turmeric powder and One teaspoon of Salt.
1/2 teaspoon of Sugar for caramalising.
1 Tablespoon of Ghee.
4-5 Tablespoon of Mustard Oil.
1/2 Coconut and 4 tablespoon of Bengal Gram(soakedin water)
1 Teaspoon of Jeera and one teaspoon of Dhania along with one piece of Ginger to grinded.
- Clean the Florets of the flower properly,take the middle stem of the florest and cut all the florets into peiecs.
- Soak the florets pieces in Lime water used for Bettle leaves(Pan) .for more than ahour. If the Lime is not available it can be soaked in Turmeric powder and water.
- Cut the potatoes into pieces.
- Boil the florets in plain water after taken out from the lime water or turmeric water for 10minutes or boil in the pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.
- Drain out the water and keep it aside.
- Heat the skillet or kadai with 4-5 Tablespoon of oil and fry th e potatoes. Keep it aside.
- Put Bay leaves2-3 nos in the rest of remaining oil along with sugar1/2 teaspoon for caramalising.
- Make fine pieces of Coconut and fry it in the oil with 1/2 teaspoon of whole Jeera.Put the Soaked Bengal Grams in it and add the Masala paste to it.
- Fry all the ingredients and put the fried potatoes in it along with the boiled Florets along with 1 teaspoon of salt ans one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Put the flame on slow heat and pour 1/2 cup of water in it to boil the potatoes. After the potatoes are boiled and the water get s dried,pour the Garamasala and Ghee for taste.
- Shimmer it for sometime and serve it with Bengali Moong Daal and Rice.